Hold the guitar with your left hand up on the end of the neck and your right arm around the body and your right hand hanging in front of the strings by the sound hole or the pick-ups.
Place your left hand by the first 3 frets with your thumb on the back of the neck and wrap your fingers around the front over the strings.
Starting from the low E string (the thickest string)
- E string: Don't play this string
- A string: Press 3rd fret with your ring finger
- D string: Press 2nd fret with your middle finger
- G string: Play this string open
- B string: Press 1st fret with your index finger
- E string: Play this string open
With your right hand, drag the pick or your fingertips across the strings.